How to prepare plum meat
Prune meat can be prepared by following these steps:
- kilogram of lamb.
- A quarter cup of olive oil.
- Two large onions, finely chopped.
- A clove of grated garlic.
- One teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Half a teaspoon of saffron threads.
- Cinnamon stick.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Half a cup of water.
- One teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Two hundred and fifty grams of dried plums, without the pits.
- Half a cup of boiled, toasted almonds.
- Two tablespoons of sesame seeds.
- Chopped parsley.
How to prepare
- Pour the olive oil into a non-stick pan, or into a clay casserole, and place it over a high heat.
- Add the lamb, garlic, onion, ginger, cinnamon stick, saffron, black pepper and salt into the pot when the oil is hot.
- Stir the ingredients well for a few minutes.
- Add water to the bowl and cover it, then reduce the temperature. It is noteworthy that the ingredients should be stirred from time to time, and more water should be added if the bowl is dry.
- Leave the meat on the fire for about an hour, until it is cooked and becomes soft.
- Add the prunes and cinnamon powder to the meat, and leave the ingredients on the fire for an additional quarter of an hour, taking care to remove the lid; This is until the water percentage decreases, and the sauce becomes thick.
- Remove the pot from the fire, pour the tajine into a serving dish, decorate it with roasted almonds and sesame, and serve it hot either with bread, or with regular couscous.
How to prepare meat tagine with apricots
Meat casserole can be prepared with dried apricots, by following these steps:
- A kilogram of meat cut into cubes.
- Two tablespoons of corn oil.
- A tablespoon of spices for meat.
- A teaspoon of the following:
- Hot pepper sauce.
- 10 cloves of grated garlic.
- A quarter cup of vinegar.
- Three large grains of chopped onions.
- Three cups of water.
- A cup of dried apricots.
- ¼ cup of blanched almonds.
How to prepare
- Put the meat, mixed spices, salt and pepper sauce in a deep bowl, stir well, and then leave it for an hour.
- Pour the oil into a saucepan over a medium heat until hot.
- Add the meat mixture to the pot, put it on a high heat, and stir until browned.
- Pour vinegar and water into the pot, add onions, cover, and leave the ingredients on a medium heat until they boil for 40 minutes.
- Put the apricots, half a cup of water and half a cup of meat broth in another pot, and leave the ingredients to boil over medium heat for five minutes.
- Add the apricots to the meat bowl, and let it boil for an additional five minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and serve hot.