Cast Iron Cornbread Magic: A Trusted Recipe
- 1.5 cups White Lily buttermilk cornmeal mix
- 1.5 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat a small cast iron skillet by brushing it with oil and placing it in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1.5 cups of White Lily buttermilk cornmeal mix.
- Add 1.5 cups of buttermilk to the cornmeal mix.
- Crack one egg into the mixture.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of oil.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Carefully remove the preheated cast iron skillet from the oven.
- Pour the cornbread batter into the hot skillet.
- Place the skillet back into the preheated oven.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 20-25 minutes or until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the skillet from the oven and let the cornbread cool slightly.
- Slice and serve your delicious homemade cornbread. Enjoy!