Fried Corn Recipe
- 10-12 fresh ears of corn
- 1.5 sticks of butter, melted in your largest skillet
- Corn starch
- About 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- Begin by preparing the fresh corn:
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Scrape the cobs to collect any remaining corn and add it to the skillet.
- In your largest skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the freshly cut corn kernels and the scraped corn from the cobs into the melted butter.
- Bring the mixture to a slow simmer.
- When the corn reaches a tender-crisp consistency, it's time to thicken the dish:
- In a separate bowl, mix a heaping tablespoon of cornstarch into the milk, creating a slurry.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch and milk slurry into the skillet, while stirring continually.
- Add the sugar to the skillet and continue to stir.
- Allow the mixture to thicken to your desired consistency, stirring as needed. This will create a creamy and delicious texture.
- Taste the fried corn and adjust the flavor by adding salt according to your preference.
- Once the corn is seasoned to perfection and has reached the desired consistency, it's ready to serve.
- Enjoy your homemade Fried Corn! It's a delightful combination of sweet, salty, buttery, and creamy-crisp goodness.
- Don't forget to give thanks before indulging in this mouthwatering dish. 🙏❤
This classic recipe is a perfect way to celebrate fresh corn season and delight your taste buds with the flavors of summer!