Old School Jam & Coconut Cake
- 3 eggs
- Self-Raising Flour
- Caster sugar
- Dessicated coconut
- Weigh the Eggs:
- Start by weighing the eggs in their shells. This will determine the quantities of the other ingredients.
- Prepare the Cake Batter:
- In a mixing bowl, add in the same weight of butter and caster sugar as the eggs. Cream them together until the mixture becomes pale and fluffy.
- Incorporate the Flour:
- Add in the same weight of self-raising flour as the eggs. Carefully fold the flour into the butter and sugar mixture until everything is well combined. Be gentle to maintain a light and airy texture.
- Preheat your oven to 170/180°C (340/360°F).
- Transfer the cake batter into a lined cake tin, ensuring it's spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the tin before proceeding to the next step.
- Adding the Jam & Coconut:
- Once the cake is cool, spread a generous layer of jam over the top. You can use your favorite jam flavor.
- Sprinkle dessicated coconut evenly on top of the jam layer. The coconut will adhere to the jam.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Slice and serve your Old School Jam & Coconut Cake. It's a delightful, nostalgic treat that pairs wonderfully with a cup of tea or coffee.
Enjoy your homemade Old School Jam & Coconut Cake! It's a classic recipe that's sure to bring back memories of the good old days.