Creamy and Delicious Loaded Potato Soup
Introduction: Embrace the warmth of this satisfying loaded potato soup that combines the rich flavors of bacon, cheese, and creamy potatoes in a delightful blend. Perfect for chilly evenings or as a hearty meal for any occasion, this soup is sure to become a family favorite.
- 6 slices of chopped bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 cups of peeled and cubed russet potatoes
- 4 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and black pepper to taste (up to 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the bacon in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until crispy and browned. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the pot.
- Sauté the chopped onions and minced garlic in the same pot for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, diced potatoes, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend some of the soup, leaving some potato chunks for texture. If you don't have an immersion blender, transfer some of the soup to a blender, blend until smooth, and return it to the pot.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for an additional 5 minutes to thicken the soup.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the soup is smooth.
- Ladle the loaded potato soup into bowls and top with chopped green onions, crispy bacon, and fresh parsley.
- Enjoy the hearty and comforting flavors of this loaded potato soup while it's still warm.
Indulge in the comforting richness of this delicious loaded potato soup and savor every spoonful.