POTATO BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
- one C. tbsp olive oil
- one coarsely chopped onion
- two cloves minced garlic
- six to seven cups broccoli in large chunks
- four cups of chicken broth
- one large potato in chunks
- one C. dijon mustard
- one C. paprika
- one C. salt
- a quarter tsp. pepper
- two cups grated sharp cheddar
- half cup sour cream or cooking cream
Cooking onion in oil to it becomes translucent in “Sauté” mode. Add the garlic and continue cooking for one minute. Press “Cancel” button to stop “sauté” mode.
Add vegetables, broth and seasonings.
Close the lid. Putting valve in “Sealing” position.
Press the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” button and set the cooking time for eight minutes at high pressure.
When cooking is complete, reduce the pressure quickly by placing the valve in the “Venting” position (see note).
Open lid when unlocked and purée using a stick blender or blender.
Add cheese and cream and mix well. Serve with homemade garlic croutons.