* 1/4 cup vegetable oil divided
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 2 pounds skirt steak
* 1 red onion cut into thin strips
* 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
* 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
* 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* 1 lime cut into wedges
Add the chili powder, kosher salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and the cumin to a small bowl and mix before rubbing on the steak and letting marinade for 30 minutes (optional).
Add half the canola oil to a large cast iron skillet on medium high heat and add the skirt steak to the pan, cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side before removing from the pan.
Add the rest of the canola oil and the onions, bell peppers and garlic to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Slice the steak against the grain thinly, add it back into the pan and squeeze half the lime wedges over the pan before serving.