I used this cold, snowy morning to my advantage by making a big pot of meat soup. I grew up eating this, especially when the summer veggies in the freezer ran out. My husband usually doesn't like vegetable soup because it has a lot of different kinds of veggies in it, but he really likes this one. It reminds me a little bit of a thin chili without beans. I made us a piece of cornbread to go with ours, but good baked bread is also good.
- Ground round, 1 lb.
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp.
- 14.5 oz. of small chopped tomatoes in their own juice
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 3 12 cups of beef broth
- 1 c. elbow macaroni, raw
- Brown the meat in a dutch oven.
- I didn't have any grease to drain, but if you do, pour it off. Put in the onion and the spices.
- Stir and cook for one minute.
- Mix well after adding the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes with their juice, and tomato sauce.
- Add the pasta and the broth. C
- over and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.