Susan Drees' Corn Casserole has gained recognition as a beloved dish at Thanksgiving feasts and potlucks, earning the esteemed third place in the renowned "Sure Thing" Potluck Recipe Contest. With its simple preparation and delightful taste, this corn casserole has become a staple for gatherings and events, offering a guaranteed hit for any occasion. Let's dive into the easy steps to recreate this celebrated dish that has won the hearts of many.
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can drained corn
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8-ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream (light sour cream can be used)
- 6 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Thoroughly grease a 2-quart baking dish to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn muffin mix, sour cream, melted butter, drained corn, and cream-style corn. Mix the ingredients until well combined. Then, fold in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and use a spatula to smooth the top evenly.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for approximately 70 minutes, or until the center sets and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the casserole to cool for 5 minutes after baking to maintain its shape when serving.
Susan's Corn Casserole continues to be celebrated not only for its accolades but also for its comforting and luscious flavor profile and its simple preparation. This dish is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser and an excellent addition to any gathering or meal. Enjoy the rich and delightful taste of this award-winning corn casserole, perfect for creating cherished moments and enjoying the company of loved ones.