There's nothing quite like a warm bowl of Hamburger Stew to bring back fond memories of childhood. This hearty and comforting soup, brimming with ground beef and a medley of vegetables, is the perfect dish to warm you up on chilly evenings. Recreate the cherished flavors of this nostalgic recipe with a few simple ingredients and a slow cooker for a delightful meal that will evoke feelings of warmth and happiness.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Two 15.25-ounce cans of mixed vegetables, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can whole sweet corn, undrained
- 1 can tomato soup, drained
- 1 small can (15.25 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15.25-ounce can cut green beans, undrained
- A pinch of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- In a pan, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Season it with a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper. Once the beef is thoroughly cooked, drain the excess fat.
- Transfer the cooked ground beef and the cubed potatoes into a large slow cooker.
- Add the mixed vegetables, sweet corn, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and green beans to the slow cooker, ensuring that the liquids from the canned vegetables remain in the mixture.
- Sprinkle in the sugar, which adds a delightful touch to the flavor profile.
- Cover the slow cooker with its lid and cook the stew on low heat for two to three hours, allowing all the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, taste the stew and adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve the Hamburger Stew with a side of crusty bread or your favorite snacks for a complete and satisfying meal.
Enjoy the comforting and heartwarming flavors of this Classic Hamburger Stew, perfect for creating new memories and cherishing the moments of warmth and togetherness.