- two tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- three tsp harissa (or to taste)
- 320 gm mixed cherry tomatoes, various colours, larger ones halved
- two baby capsicum or bell peppers, thinly sliced
- one tsp roasted cumin seeds, to serve
- Roasted pine nuts, to serve
- Coriander, basil and toasted Afghan bread, torn, to serve
- 425 gm canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- two large garlic cloves
- tow tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon (or to taste)
- one tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1For hummus, blend chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and 50ml water in a blender to a smooth purée. Add olive oil and blend until very smooth, adding a little extra water if necessary, and season to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until required.
2Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add harissa and stir until fragrant (1 minute), then add tomato and capsicum, and fry, stirring occasionally, until tomato and capsicum start to blister and soften (3-5 minutes).
3Top hummus with tomato mixture, scatter over cumin, pine nuts and herbs, and serve with bread on the side.