Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
- four Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs (bone-in and skin on)
- two cups pineapple , cut into 1″ chunks
- one yellow onion , cut into 1″ chunks
- three tablespoons honey
- two tablespoons soy sauce
- half cup dark brown sugar
- one tablespoon grated ginger
- two garlic cloves , minced
- two teaspoons sesame seeds , optional
- one tablespoon cornstarch
- one red bell pepper , cut into 1″ chunks
- parsley , for garnish
Using a skillet or the cast aluminum slow cooker insert, brown your Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs on both sides for three to five minutes over high heat then remove them from the slow cooker.
Add the pineapple and onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Mix the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger and garlic into the slow cooker.
Carefully add the Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs back into the slow cooker.
Cook on low for five hours or on high for three hours
Add the cornstarch to a tablespoon of water, mix, and add to the slow cooker with the bell peppers and let it cook an additional thirty minutes while you cook some rice to accompany your meal.
Serve with parsley for a garnish if desired.