Creamy Garlic Mushrooms &; Bacon
- eight ounces (two hundred fifty g) lard or thick bacon, cut into strips
- two tablespoons of butter
- seven hundred fifty g mushrooms, wash (dried with a paper towel)
- one tsp olive oil
- a quarter cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- six garlic cloves, finely chopped
- one 1/2 cups (four hundred ml) cream
- one t fresh parsley
- one t chopped fresh thyme
- Salt also pepper
- half c shredded mozzarella
- a quarter c grated parmesan
Fry the bacon in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat until crisp.
Transfering to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb some of oil. Put apart.
In the same skillet, melt the butter. Addng mushrooms, drizzle with oil also toss, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of pan.
Fry for two to three minutes to lightly brown the mushrooms and release their juices.
Pour in the wine (or broth) and let reduce for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat oven broiler.
Add the garlic and stir for a minute. Pour the cream and the herbs.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until tender (about 4-5 minutes) and the sauce is slightly thickened.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the bacon and mix well. Add the mozzarella and parmesan.
Grill until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are cooked to your liking.