Classic German Chocolate Cake Recipe
Indulge in the rich and decadent flavors of a Classic German Chocolate Cake with this easy-to-follow recipe. Packed with sweet coconut, pecan pieces, and a delightful homemade frosting, this cake is sure to impress and satisfy your dessert cravings. Let's explore the simple steps to create this beloved dessert.
- 1 can of egg yolks (12 ounces)
- 5 cups of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of butter
- 3/4 cup of pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of shredded sweet coconut
- Separate the egg yolks, setting the whites aside for future use or discarding them.
- In a heavy medium-sized saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, egg yolks, and sugar. Whisk the sugar until it is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the butter to the mixture.
- Heat the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it slowly boils. Continue to cook until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and let it cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the pecan pieces and shredded coconut. Adjust the amounts to your preference, ensuring a thick and rich texture.
- Spread approximately half of the frosting on top of the first layer of the cake, ensuring it reaches the edges.
- Place the second cake layer on top and gently press it down.
- Frost the top layer with the remaining frosting, leaving the sides unfrosted for a rustic look.
- Remove any parchment paper or foil strips, and serve the cake. For an extra treat, enjoy it while it's still slightly warm.
With this Classic German Chocolate Cake Recipe, you can savor the authentic flavors and textures of this beloved dessert. Enjoy the delightful combination of coconut, pecans, and homemade frosting that makes this cake a timeless favorite for any occasion.