Peach bread pudding sold at a farm stand
- 4 cups torn day-old bread
- 1 3/4 Cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. Salted butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 4 small peaches, peeled and cut into slices
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla from a Farm Stand
- 1 tsp. Saigon Farm Stand Cinnamon
- A little nutmeg
PEACH BUTTER SAUCE
- Peach juice was saved.
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream for whipping
Let's Do It:
- Turn the oven on to 350. Put the pieces of bread in a medium bowl.
- Pour the milk over the bread and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the eggs in a small bowl. Add the 1/2 cup of sugar, the vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Whisk together. Put the egg mixture away and add it to the bread mixture.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the peaches and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then let it cook slowly for 3 minutes. Use a small mesh strainer to drain.
- Hold on to the juice. Mix the peaches into the mixture of the eggs and bread.
- Use nonstick spray to coat a 2-quart baking dish. Bring out the bread pudding.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Add all the ingredients for the peach butter sauce to a small pot and bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
- to go along with the bread pudding.