Breakfast Burrito Recipe (Scaled Up x5)
I just finished preparing a big batch of breakfast burritos, and with 5 pounds of sausage, 5 dozen eggs, 5 pounds of tater tots, and 5 pounds of cheese, I've made a whopping 80 burritos! My family is going to be well-fed for a while with these delicious breakfast treats.
Ingredients (Per Batch):
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 dozen eggs
- 4 cups shredded cheese (Colby Jack or your preferred cheese)
- 1 pound tater tots (approximately 48 tots)
- 16 soft flour tortillas
1. Brown and Drain the Sausage:
- In a pan, brown the ground sausage until fully cooked. Drain any excess grease.
2. Prepare the Egg and Cheese Mixture:
- In a bowl, whisk a dozen eggs.
- Add 2 cups of shredded cheese (I prefer Colby Jack) to the eggs.
- Scramble the egg and cheese mixture in a hot pan until the eggs are fully cooked.
3. Combine Egg, Cheese, and Sausage:
- Combine the scrambled egg and cheese mixture with the browned and drained sausage in a bowl.
4. Assemble the Burritos:
- Take a soft flour tortilla and place approximately 1/3 cup of the egg, cheese, and sausage mixture in the center.
- Add 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese (sharp cheddar works great) on top of the mixture.
- Place 3 tater tots on the tortilla as well.
5. Wrap and Freeze:
- Carefully fold the tortilla into a burrito, ensuring that the filling is enclosed.
- Store each burrito in a ziplock bag in the freezer.
- When you're ready to enjoy a delicious breakfast burrito, follow these steps:
- Microwave the frozen burrito for 2 minutes at 50% power.
- Flip the burrito over.
- Continue to microwave for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute on high, depending on your microwave's power and the size of the burrito.
Now you have a freezer full of hearty breakfast burritos that you can enjoy whenever you need a quick and satisfying meal. Simply reheat and savor!