Italian Butter Shortbread Cookies
12 Buttery Italian Shortbread Cookies with only 5 ingredients
This recipe is a fantastic place to start if you want to learn how to create Italian Shortbread Cookies. These Italian shortbread cookies are so buttery and light that they practically melt in your mouth! Making a batch only takes a few minutes, so you can soon be sipping coffee with one of these as well!
Ingredients (12 biscuits from these):
- • 250g Plain Flour
- • 1 TBS Milk
- • 230g Salted Butter at Room Temperature
- • 120g Icing Sugar
- • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Set the oven temperature to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, icing sugar, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, whip the ingredients until well-combined, light, and fluffy.
- Add the flour and stir until the mixture is crumbly and no longer appears to be able to be blended.
- Continue to stir in the milk. After roughly 15 seconds, the dough should start to clump together. Add one or two more tablespoons of milk if the dough doesn't come together.
- Pipe the dough onto a baking sheet that has been prepared with parchment paper, leaving space between each cookie.
- The cookies should be faintly browned after 15 minutes of baking. Allow to cool completely before icing sugar is added.