Italian Homemade Sausage: A Flavorful Taste of Tradition
Yesterday, we tried our many hands at making Homemade Sausage, a tradition my Nonno upheld and made throughout his whole life. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us, and his recipe is nowhere to be found, so we created our own traditional versions.
- Ground meat of your choice (such as pork, beef, or a combination)
- Seasonings and spices of your preference (such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, fennel seeds, etc.)
- Begin by selecting the ground meat you prefer for the sausage.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat with your chosen seasonings and spices. Adjust the amounts according to your taste preferences.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly, ensuring the seasonings are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a patty. Cook the patty in a skillet to taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Once you are satisfied with the flavor, shape the remaining mixture into sausages. You can use a sausage stuffer or shape them by hand.
- Heat a grill or a skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausages, turning occasionally, until they are cooked through and reach the desired level of browning.
- Serve the homemade sausages hot and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
We hope this recipe helps you recreate the homemade sausage tradition with your own personal touch.