Crispy and Tender Cast Iron Cornbread
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- Milk (enough to make a medium-thin batter)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Grease your cast iron pan and place it in the oven to heat up.
- Combine 2 cups of self-rising cornmeal and 2 tablespoons of self-rising flour in a mixing bowl.
- Incorporate 1 egg into the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add enough milk to create a medium-thin batter. The exact quantity of milk required may vary; adjust as needed for the desired consistency.
- Carefully remove the hot cast iron pan from the oven.
- Pour the batter into the well-heated pan.
- Return the pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes, or until the cornbread achieves a golden brown hue and gains crispiness around the edges.
- Once done, remove the cornbread from the oven.
- Allow it to cool slightly before cutting and serving.
- Indulge in your homemade crispy and tender cast iron cornbread!
This delightful cornbread, crafted using your Lodge cast iron pan, is destined to be a crowd-pleaser. Its crispy outer layer and tender interior make it an inviting and delectable addition to any meal.