Hardtimes Basic Loaf Bread Recipe
- 4 cups of self-rising flour
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or any cooking oil)
- A tiny pinch of salt
- In a bowl, combine 4 cups of self-rising flour, 2 cups of water, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and a small pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients together using a spoon until a gooey dough forms.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the prepared dough into the pan.
- Bake the loaf in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) for 1 hour.
- Once baked, let the bread cool. Gently ease it out of the loaf pan using a spatula or something flat; it should come out easily.
- Allow the bread to cool further if it's still warm. Once cooled, slice it into pieces.
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add a spoonful of sugar to the mixture according to your preference.
- For a variation, you can get creative and add herbs and spices to the dough when you have more resources.
- When you're not conserving food and funds, you can make a variation by halving the recipe and baking it in a cast iron skillet. Cut it like a pie and call it "biscuit bread." This variation pairs well with soup.
- Optionally, you can omit the oil from the recipe, but be aware that the crust might be harder to cut without it.
Enjoy your homemade bread, which is cost-effective and versatile!