Elevate your dinner game with these delectable Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs in Marinara Sauce. Packed with flavorful ingredients and gooey mozzarella centers, these meatballs are a delightful twist on the classic recipe. Follow these easy steps to bring this mouthwatering dish to your table.
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, chopped
- 1/3 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons + 1/3 cup of Victoria's tomato sauce (or your preferred brand)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 to 2 pounds of ground beef
- 16 smoked mozzarella cheese cubes, each about 1/2 inch across
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and position the baking rack in the bottom third.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add the grated onion, chopped parsley, Parmesan cheese, and Italian bread crumbs. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Incorporate the ground beef into the mixture, using your hands to combine everything evenly.
- Form 16 meatballs from the mixture. Make a hole in the center of each meatball and insert a cube of smoked mozzarella. Reshape the meatball to conceal the cheese completely.
- Pour 1/3 cup of tomato sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the meatballs before placing them in the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve the Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs over pasta, rice, or with crusty bread. Enjoy the burst of flavors in every bite!
Indulge in the irresistible combination of savory meatballs and melted mozzarella with this Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs in Marinara Sauce recipe. Perfect for family dinners or entertaining guests, these meatballs are sure to be a hit. Get ready to savor the goodness of a classic dish with a cheesy twist!