Lasagna Love in a Bowl
Hey there, foodies! Get ready to dive into a bowl of pure comfort – Creamy Lasagna Soup. This recipe is like a warm hug for your taste buds, and the best part? It's easier than you might think. Let's get cozy in the kitchen!
For the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or butter, if you're feeling fancy)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, diced (totally optional, but kinda awesome)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage (Johnsonville's the go-to here)
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced (garlic lovers, rejoice!)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (for a subtle kick)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (let those herbs party)
- 1 bay leaf (a little mystery flavor)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (bringing that tomato goodness)
- 16 oz diced canned tomatoes (the tomato dream team)
- 4 cups chicken broth (more if you're all about that soupy life)
- Salt (because seasoning is the secret)
- ½ tsp black pepper (a dash of dark magic)
- 12 lasagna noodles (go for Mafaldine – sounds fancy, tastes yum)
- ½ cup heavy cream (because creaminess is life)
- 1 zucchini (if you're feeling extra veggie vibes)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (because cheese makes everything better)
- 6 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped (optional, but oh-so-fresh)
- Heat things up! Put that olive oil (or butter, you trendsetter) in a big pot or dutch oven. Toss in the diced onion and mushrooms, and sauté until they're all soft and cozy. Now, bring in the ground beef and Italian sausage, and let them work their magic. Once they're all browned and lovely, throw in the garlic, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, salt, Italian seasoning, and tomato paste. Stir, stir, stir – it's a flavorful party!
- Let the soup-symphony begin! Add the diced canned tomatoes, zucchini if you're going the extra mile, and the chicken broth. Bring that pot to a cheerful boil, and then introduce the uncooked lasagna noodles to the mix. Oh, and don't forget to add some salt to taste. Now, simmer down (literally) until those noodles are tender and happy.
- Time to get dreamy. Stir in the heavy cream. If you're into that soupy soup thing, toss in a bit more chicken broth. And here's the insider tip: throw that shredded mozzarella cheese right into the soup – trust me, creamy and cheesy just became BFFs.
- Let's make it pretty. Spoon out this bowl of deliciousness and top it off with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Feeling fancy? Chop up some fresh basil and let it rain down on your masterpiece.
- Dive in and embrace the warm, cheesy, flavorful goodness. This Creamy Lasagna Soup is your ticket to a cozy night in with all the feels.
Get your soup spoons ready, folks – this Creamy Lasagna Soup is your new go-to comfort food. Now go ahead, serve it up, and savor every spoonful like it's a little piece of foodie heaven!