Homemade Polish Busia : A Family Heirloom Recipe
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Fruit filling
- Cinnamon and sugar-sweetened cottage cheese
- Prepare the Batter:
- In a mixing bowl, gather your flour, milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Fire up your mixer and blend these ingredients until they form a smooth and creamy batter.
- Cook the Crepes:
- Grease a frying pan and set it over medium heat.
- Pour a thin, even layer of your batter into the pan.
- Brown the Crepes:
- Cook the crepes until they're lightly browned on both sides. Keep an eye on them, and flip as needed.
- Add the Fillings:
- Once your crepes are cooked to perfection, it's time to choose your adventure. Fill them up with your favorite option—whether it's a fruity delight or a comforting cottage cheese with cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Fold or roll those lovely crepes and serve them up while they're still warm. Bask in the delightful taste of tradition.
Note: This cherished Nalesniki recipe is a heartfelt nod to the rich tradition of Polish cuisine, making it the perfect treat for the Lenten season. Savor the flavors, just like my Busia used to make!
Hungry for More?
For an extensive array of genuine Polish recipes, visit our Authentic Polish Recipes page by clicking here Authentic Polish Recipes. Explore and discover your favorites, and let your next delightful dish come to life!