Every year, it's something to look forward to at Christmas.
- 1 c . warm milk
- 1 c . sugar
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 boxes of yeast
- 1/2 cup of hot water
Mix well and set aside for about 1 to 2 hours. Add :
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 T. salt
- 5 1 / 2-6 1/2 c . flour
Knead the dough and let it rise for about two hours. Spread Mix:
- 2 pounds of ground nuts
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 c . milk
- 1 t. of spice
- 1 t . vanilla
- 1 1/4 c . sugar
Divide risen dough in half . Roll out the big guns
- rectangles . Half of the spread should be put on each. Close the roll. Put the dough in a big pan.
- Raise again in another hour or two. Bake 15 min .
- at 425. Wrap the bread in aluminum foil and bake it at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Check to see if it's done, must cook properly.
- Relax and have fun. Since more than 100 years ago, this bread has been a favorite of the Dalisky family.
- This is the first time I've told anyone about this family secret recipe.