Homemade Jelly Nougat Candy Recipe
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons of butter (you can use unsalted if that's what you've got)
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows (about 10 cups, or 250g per bag)
- 2 bags of white chocolate chips (around 2 & 1/2 cups, or 225g per bag)
- 2 cups of gumdrops (you know, the Dots or Jujubes kind), sliced in half
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract (or be a rebel and try orange extract for a twist)
How to Make It:
- Grab your butter, mini marshmallows, and white chocolate chips. Melt these buddies together until they're silky smooth. You can do this by setting up a double boiler on the stove or popping them in the microwave (just be sure to stir and check every 30 seconds).
- Once your gooey mix is looking good, toss in that vanilla extract (or go wild with orange if you're feeling adventurous). Give it a good stir until everything's buddy-buddy.
- Now, gently fold in those sliced gumdrops. They're like little bursts of fruity happiness in this nougat party.
- Pour your candy concoction into a 9x13 or 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper. We're getting close to candy bliss!
- Pop that pan in the fridge and let it chill overnight. Patience, my friend. Tomorrow, you'll be in nougat heaven.
- The next day, cut it into bite-sized squares and dig in. Want to make it last longer? Toss some in the freezer. It's like a hidden treasure trove of sweet delights.
Pro tip: We whip up a batch of these every year, and they're always a smash hit in our Christmas gift baskets. You're gonna love 'em!We make these delightful treats every year, and they are always a hit in our Christmas gift baskets.
Discover Nostalgia: Dive into a collection of cherished childhood favorite recipes that evoke warm memories and timeless flavors. Explore more delightful recipes that bring back the taste of yesteryears and create new moments of nostalgia childhoodfaves