We really enjoy treats and could eat them until the cows come home. Sometimes we like to "make things healthy" by adding some fresh fruit to them.Blueberries are our main tool here.Blueberries are the stars of this dessert because they are full of vitamins. Adding them to this moist, delicious cake, along with vanilla and lemon (which make it just the right amount of sweet and sour), makes a dessert that we could eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
One 9-by-5-inch loaf of vanilla blueberry loaf cake is made.
Vanilla Blueberry Loaf Cake
- 1 and a half cups of all-purpose flour plus two tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thaw and drain)
- 1 cup of sugar
- Butter without salt, softened
- Half a cup of Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla powder
- One teaspoon of lemon zest
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- A cherry on top
- Warm the oven up to 350º F and use butter or non-stick spray to grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Set this bowl away.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a big bowl or with a mixer. Beat them until they become fluffy and lighter in color, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, waiting for each one to blend in before adding the next. Next, add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix them in.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and Greek yogurt, starting with the dry ingredients and ending with them in turns. Not quite mixed, but just right.
- To keep the blueberries from falling to the bottom of your loaf cake, toss them in the rest of the flour in a separate bowl. Then, gently fold them into your batter.
- Put the cake pan in the oven after pouring the batter into it. Put it in the oven for 55 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 20 to 30 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- Sprinkle with a lot of powdered sugar and serve hot or at room temperature.