Heavenly Delight: Heaven on Earth Cake Recipe
Indulge in a heavenly treat that's sure to delight your taste buds! This Heaven on Earth cake recipe features layers of angel food cake, creamy pudding, cherry pie filling, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), whipped topping, and a sprinkle of roasted almonds. The combination of flavors and textures is simply divine, making it a crowd-pleaser wherever you take it. With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can create a dessert that looks and tastes like a masterpiece.
Heaven on Earth Cake: What You Need
What you need:
- 1 angel food cake (store-bought or homemade)
- One (3.4-ounce) package of quick cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 can (30 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping (e.g., Cool Whip)
- 1 tablespoon roasted almond slices (optional)
- Begin by cubing the angel food cake into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, milk, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), and vanilla extract until well combined. Set aside.
- Place half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Spoon half of the cherry pie filling over the cake layer.
- Repeat the layers by adding the remaining cake cubes on top of the cherry pie filling layer.
- Pour the prepared pudding mixture evenly over the cake.
- Gently spread the whipped topping over the pudding layer.
- Top the dessert with the remaining cherry pie filling.
- Cover the baking dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until well chilled.
- When you're ready to serve, sprinkle the top with roasted almond slices for an optional crunchy garnish.
Enjoy a Slice of Heaven!
Now you have a heavenly dessert that's ready to be savored. The layers of flavors and textures in this Heaven on Earth cake are sure to please everyone at the table. Whether you're serving it at a special occasion or just indulging in a sweet treat, this dessert is bound to be a hit. Enjoy every delightful bite!