Embrace the joy of the holiday season with our delightful Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies, designed to infuse your festivities with a touch of Christmas magic. Experience the rich, buttery texture complemented by the delightful surprise of maraschino cherries in every bite. Delve into the history of these delectable treats, originating from the traditional practice of crafting shortbread in Scotland during the Middle Ages. These cookies not only symbolize a delicious treat but also embody love, warmth, and cherished moments.
Indulge in these mouthwatering cookies at your upcoming Christmas gathering or present them as carefully wrapped gifts, perfect for spreading joy and cheer. Accompany them with a warm beverage like cocoa, mulled wine, or a glass of milk, elevating the buttery goodness to a whole new level of delight.
Let's Get Baking: The Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped and dried maraschino cherries
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cups miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the flour and salt, mixing to form a soft dough.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and maraschino cherries.
- Roll the dough into a log, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for an hour. Then, slice the log into rounds.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool briefly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serving Tip: Enhance their presentation by dusting a sprinkle of powdered sugar or adding a milky glaze to these delightful cookies.
Enjoy the festive delight of Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies and celebrate the magic of Christmas with your loved ones!