Sugar-Coated Fried Donuts Recipe
Craving a sweet treat that's freshly made with love? Look no further than this delightful recipe for sugar-coated fried donuts. With simple ingredients and a dash of patience, you can craft these fluffy, golden donuts that are bound to satisfy your sweet tooth. Get ready to experience the joy of homemade donuts that are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and coated with a delightful layer of sugar.
Sugar-Coated Fried Donuts: What You Need
What you need:
- 300 grams of Manitoba flour
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- 200 grams of fresh, warm whole milk
- 100 grams of sugar
- 80 grams of melted (but not hot) butter
- 2 large eggs (approximately 120 grams total)
- 20 grams of fresh brewer's yeast
- 4 grams of salt
- 1/2 gram of vanilla extract (1 package)
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine the fresh brewer's yeast and warm whole milk, mixing them together.
- Add the large eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract to the yeast and milk mixture.
- Next, incorporate the Manitoba flour, all-purpose flour, salt, and melted (but not hot) butter into the mixture. Stir well until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for a few hours until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out and shape it into donuts. Place them on a tray and let them rise again for 90 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or a deep fryer to about 350°F (180°C).
- Carefully fry the donuts in the hot oil until they are golden brown on both sides. This should take a few minutes per side.
- As soon as you remove the donuts from the oil, roll them in sugar to coat them evenly.
Enjoy Your Homemade Donuts!
Now you have a batch of freshly fried, sugar-coated donuts that are ready to be enjoyed. Whether you savor them as a special breakfast treat or indulge in them as an afternoon delight, these homemade donuts are sure to bring joy to your taste buds. Enjoy the sweet satisfaction!