Old-Fashioned Goulash Recipe
Experience the comforting flavors of a classic Old-Fashioned Goulash with this simple and satisfying recipe. This hearty dish, featuring beef, macaroni, and a delightful blend of seasonings, is a timeless favorite that brings warmth and nostalgia to the table. Let's dive into the easy steps to create this flavorful goulash.
- 1 pound of beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of raw elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of water
- 14.5 ounces of canned beans, not rinsed
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef along with the diced onions. If necessary, drain any excess grease and return the beef to the pan. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and continue cooking over medium-low heat.
- Pour the raw elbow macaroni and water into the skillet. Let the mixture simmer over medium-low heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the macaroni reaches your preferred tenderness. If the pasta absorbs all the water and remains undercooked, add a small amount of additional water as needed.
- Incorporate the beans and tomato sauce into the skillet, stirring well to combine all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the sugar and Italian seasoning into the mixture, stirring thoroughly to ensure even distribution of flavors.
- Taste the goulash and adjust the salt and pepper according to your preference.
- For added richness, top the goulash with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
With this Old-Fashioned Goulash Recipe, you can savor the robust flavors of a traditional and wholesome dish that has stood the test of time. Enjoy the rich combination of beef, macaroni, and savory seasonings that make this goulash a beloved comfort food for any occasion.