Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
- four boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- Lowry’s Seasoning Salt
- six bacon slices
- a quarter cup regular mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- two Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- two teaspoons dried onion flakes
- onecup sliced fresh mushroom (I omitted because my family does not like mushrooms)
- two cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese
– First, Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
– While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Do not discard grease.
– Saute chicken in the bacon grease for three to five minutes per side, or until browned. Place chicken in a 9″ × 13″ casserole dish or pan.
– To make the Honey Mustard: In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
– Spread some of the Honey Mustard over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
– Bake in a three hundred fifty ° oven for thirty minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
Serve with the left over Honey Mustard Sauce that you made