Puff Pastry Berries and Cream Wreath
The versatile puff pastry sheets used to create a dessert wreath with whipped cream and fresh berries. This easy dessert, ready in under an hour will make a statement when served for any occasion.
Servings: 6 servings
- 17.3 oz puff pastry sheets, thawed (2 packages)
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- powdered sugar, optional
- favorite berries, see note
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take one pastry sheet (keep the second one refrigerated). Unfold and cut into three (with the creases). Then, cut each part in half again, you’ll have 6 strips. Then, take 1 strip and cut it so it’s in two parts, a 2/3 and 1/3 piece (see picture).
- Take 3 strips, plus the larger (the 2/3) piece and lay them around creating a large round shape. Lightly overlap pieces and gently pinch together and slightly stretch out the pieces so it’s perfectly round in shape. Take the remaining pieces and put them inside the circle. Gently pinch all seems together, lightly overlapping so there’s no gap. Bake 16-18 minutes. Tops should be very golden. Repeat with the second layer. Set aside both layers to completely cook.
- Beat heavy whipping cream with sugar and lemon juice on medium/high speed. For the first half of the beating, the mixture will be frothy and bubbly. Continue beating until firm peaks form.
Take first layers, cover generously with cream. Add your favorite berries. Gently flip the second layer over and add a light layer of cream. Set it down on the first layer. This way there is berries are in cream on both sides and the top layer won’t slip. Cover the second layer with remaining cream and remaining berries.
Enjoy, immediately. If not enjoyed immediately, keep refrigerated and covered. The cake will still be good the following day, the layers just won’t be as crunchy.
Lightly dust with powdered sugar before serving, optional.
Berries: I used 16 oz strawberries, sliced. Some raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. That’s what I had on hand. Kiwi and strawberry are also a yummy combination. You can also do just strawberries. Or kiwi and cuties. Whatever you have on hand is great.
Calories: 630kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 4gFat: 48gSaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 135mgPotassium: 91mgFiber: 0gSugar: 25gVitamin A: 1310IUVitamin C: 1.2mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 1mg