Buttermilk Biscuits: Fluffy and Flavorful Homemade Delights
This is another family recipe that comes by way of my Grandaddy who was from Louisiana.
For the biscuits
- Put 2 cups of all-purpose flour in a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of baking powder and one teaspoon of salt.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of Crisco shortening until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Mix everything together until a dough forms.
- Dust a hard surface with flour.
- Flour your hands and turn out the dough onto the surface.Cut out the biscuits.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
Tomato goulash is made by following these steps:
- Fry bacon until crisp and remove it from the pan.
- In the grease that's left, sauté some onions, garlic, and tomatoes.
- When it is soft, crumble your bacon back into the skillet.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Spoon the goulash over hot biscuits.
- Enjoy this delicious combination!