Classic British Rock Cakes: A Tea-Time Delight
Rock Cakes - Makes 28
- 16 oz Self-Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 8 oz Margarine
- 6 oz Caster Sugar
- A Splash of Vanilla Essence
- 3 oz Currants (You can use any dried fruit; I prefer sultanas)
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Milk
- Caster Sugar (for dusting)
- Begin by merging the subsequent components in a mixing bowl:
- 16 oz self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz margarine
- 6 oz caster sugar
- A splash of vanilla essence
- 3 oz currants (or your choice of dried fruit)
- Using the pastry attachment on your mixer, mix the ingredients until they form a firm mixture.
- Spoon or fork the mixture into a greased baking tin.
- Generously drench the top of the mixture with caster sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown.
- Remove the rock cakes from the baking tin and place them upside down on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These rock cakes freeze very well for future enjoyment.
Enjoy your delicious homemade rock cakes!